Wednesday, May 11, 2011

2+1=3


As we are getting ready this morning Karson asks me to get more 1% milk. The boys usually drink 2%, which we still had plenty of. I ask him why and here is his explanation:

"Milk helps you get strong bones and muscles and I want to be super strong! Yesterday I used 2% AND 1% because 2+1=3!"

I love the way his mind works! How do I explain to a six year old who has been working on addition and subtraction all year that his plan is flawed? Especially when he so enthusiastically explained that you have to stir it to make them combine which equals 3? Lets face it he has some good logic! I mean I can't argue the math :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm on board if the same logic works in reverse... can we subtract fat? Haha! Love the way kids' minds work.

    ReplyDelete