Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The DUMBEST damaged phone story EVER!

This is my poor phone:

Definitely Done!

Never did find the number keypad





Keyboard hangs out when shut


Are you ready to hear what an idiot I am?
Justin was out in the garage going over the 4-wheelers to make sure they would all run.
I went out to be with him.
I had the brilliant idea to hop on little Logan's pedal bike and try to ride it. I don't know how many of you have tried riding a childs bike lately so for those of you who haven't ridden one in the past decade or so let me tell you something. Your knees come up to your chin when your trying to pedal! So I had to take my phone out of my pocket so I could pedal.

Apparently I set it on the bumper of my car.
I have ZERO recollection of doing that though! What a dumb thing to do!
I have set one thing on a bumper previous to this and it was my car keys on my Mother in laws truck. The truck was then driven by my sister in law and miraculously like 5 miles down the road they were still on the truck! So I thought I had learned my lesson but I guess not.

So back to the story. I did a few laps around Justin on the bike while he worked. Then went back in the house to check on all the kiddos. Shortly after that I ran kids to TKD and ran my brother home. When I went to pick the kids up from TKD I realized that I didn't have my phone. I looked around for it and couldn't find it. When Justin got home I asked him to call it and help me listen for it. When we couldn't find it he asked me if I ever pulled it off the bumper.
What?? I definitely did not pull it off the bumper because I still don't remember ever putting it on the bumper!

Good news was we found my phone! It flipped off the bumper when I turned off my street and onto 3200 W.
The bad news- it had been run over (probably multiple times). We never did find the battery or number keypad.
Good news- it was time for an upgrade anyway so I was able to get the new iphone 5 for 30 bucks.
Bad news- I lost all my contacts and clearly nothing is gonna be saved off that squished phone! lol

At the Verizon store today they were all quite impressed with the damage. Unfortunately even when I leave the part about the bike riding out of the story I still sound like an idiot! hahaha How do you run over your phone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment