Monday, June 19, 2017

Liam is 4!


My little Liam is 4! He loves strawberry milk, his sandbox, riding his bike, the ipad, playing with his girlfriend, going to school, playing trains, reading, reading and more reading, bossing his brothers around and snuggles. He still yells "Daddy!" or "Mommy!" when either of us comes home and runs and jumps to us. He loves his robe and wears it even when it's 90 degrees outside. He marches to the beat of his own drum and doesn't care what anyone has to say about it. He is confident, funny and so smart (too smart for his own good sometimes). He pretty much runs our household but we wouldn't have it any other way! We love our little Liam man and the joy he brings our family!
Our traditional birthday photo of the 3 of us


Wednesday was a rough day for me. I didn't realize how hard it would hit me. My mom had gotten a gift for him while she, my sister and I were all out shopping a few weeks ago. She had gotten a little gift bag for it and had me store it in my closet for her. Staring at that gift bag hurt my heart so badly. There were definitely some tears but I was able to keep it together in front of Liam the whole day. And bonus: I forced myself to actually get dressed and do my hair that day which actually helped. I'm celebrating the little victories each day (and yes doing my hair is considered a victory these days haha). I suspect most holidays and birthdays in the coming months will have a bit of a sting with them knowing how we had planned them to be this year versus what reality is but it's not going to stop us from enjoying them too. I let Liam open his gift from my mom first and he loved it! He yelled "Oh I love Grandma! I love it!" when he opened it. He wanted it so bad when we were at the store. It combines his two favorite things (bubbles and trains) into one amazing toy.  She'd have loved to see his excitement and without a doubt he'd have given her a giant hug.

Grandma's last gift


Had to send proof to my siblings

Liam's birthday on Wednesday started with strawberry milk from dad and a chocolate muffin, Kaid had gotten him, the night before, to surprise him with for breakfast. The other big boys wanted to do something special for him too so Karson took him to the dollar store and let him pick something out (he picked a box of powder donuts) and Logan told him he'd have a sleepover with him that night. It was nice to see the boys making his day special with thoughtful little things. We walked to the dollar store and then to free lunch (I offered to take him out but he just loves free lunch! lol). We had some quiet time and then Amanda and Sienna came by with cookies for him and Kelsie and her kiddos came by with a gift too (minion puzzles and pillow pet-both of which he loved!) It was so nice of them to stop by and make his day special since nothing was really planned for the day. After Liam's friends left, we let him open the rest of his gifts from mom and dad. Then Auntie and Brooklynn came by to give him a gift and then we went for Snocones.
strawberry milk from dad

Liam and Austin eating doughnuts outside of free lunch




Hugging his present


yes that is Christmas paper but it's blue so he didn't care

look at that face!

This was his favorite gift from Mom and Dad

He loves having a sleeping bag like the big boys


He loves his books



At the beginning of the week Liam was counting down to his birthday (his picture is on the calendar or I would've tried to postpone it probably lol) and he kept asking for a party. He had gone to his friend Hudson's party a couple weeks ago and has been telling everyone in the neighborhood that he's going to have a party too ever since haha. Given everything that happened the week prior I hadn't put any thought or planning into his birthday though. Monday I decided I needed a project anyway (and really lets be honest, regardless of how crummy I may or may not be feeling I'd do anything for that kiddo) so I jotted down some simple party ideas and headed to the dollar store. $10 bucks later I had my sack of decorations and sent a text to 3 of my neighbors with kids his age and asked if they could come Friday for a party. Yep the week of, is when I threw it all together and some how it all panned out! haha. 
Thursday night after work (I closed that day) I baked his cake and Friday before work (I opened) I frosted it, then I worked until 2:00. My mom was supposed to babysit but luckily Auntie came to the rescue and filled in for me. Once I got home we set up our last minute dollar store decorations to go with the beach ball theme and we just played water games. It was pretty low key but went fine all things considered. And most importantly, Liam had fun and was so happy to have a birthday party with some of his favorite people! I'm so glad 2 of the 3 friends were able to come on such short notice (the 3rd was out of town that weekend).
Food table minus the pizza (that came out later) fishy crackers, swedish fish and popcorn are in the different sand pails and we even found umbrella straws for our drinks

Brooklynn, Logan, Kaiden and Karson decorated with the streamers


Water games

Races

They didn't really get the concept

But they all finished haha

Cute kiddos

I promise the water isn't as dirty as it looks! haha It has a yellow bottom and the angle makes it look worse. It was only about an hour old water at this point




Present time. Liam genuinely loved all his gifts and thanked everyone after hugging each present haha

Even Shelli came and brought him a gift. Love that she is so sweet with all the kiddos and will come to their parties when they invite her. She is an amazing neighbor!


Chubby little Grayson looking so cute!

Shelli got him a stroller and baby so that he and Sienna can both run down the street with their babies without having to take turns. Everyone thought it was kinda funny but he loved it and even named his new baby "Baby Sienna" hahaha



My dad came by after the party to give Liam his gift and spent some time watching him play with the playdough he got him. We opened all the other gifts still in packaging and let him play with everything for a bit before calling it a night.

Liam is very creative and can play with playdough for hours at a time. He was pretty excited about another kit! He played with this one and the one Auntie gave him for probably 2 hours straight!



These tools are his other new obsession because they are "just like Dad!" He is "fixing" everything in the house now!

He told me "Mom, that was the best 4th birthday I ever had!" haha so I guess it was a success! Happy Birthday my Liam!
Birthday loot

Time marches on

No comments:

Post a Comment